Monday, June 30, 2014

Early Summer Harvests

Beets.  The golden beets are my favorite.  Be sure to replant beets  and carrots for a continuous harvest.

Killarneyy Raspberries.  Very sweet and abundant crops.  They are my earliest raspberries.  This variety take a few years to give you peak harvests so be patient. 

Pink Champange Currants.  About the only currant I can eat off the bush.  I will be making jelly and juice from these.

Jostaberries which are a cross between a currant and gooseberry.  Makes beautiful jelly.
Chard.  I've been juice chard with fresh pineapple and apples.  Also great added to pasta dishes.

These are St. Valery and Atomic Red carrots both are heirlooms.

More rhubarb.  Some varieties the entire stalk is red others only the bottom will be red. I'm using this in a raspberry rhubarb freezer topping for ice cream, waffles, or muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment